Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So let's talk about...

each member of my host family. Today I'll talk about my host dad, Jocelyn.
He used to work for the marines, and traveled the world. Now he is a police officer, which I think is really neat. I'd want to be a cop if it weren't so dangerous. Usually, Jocelyn works from 4 in the morning to mid day, or from mid day to 9 at night. So his hours are definitely different!
He's really funny and really nice. We have an inside called "la tarte". Whenever I ask a question or anything, he makes a joke by saying something like, "wouldn't you rather have la tarte?" and he makes a karate chop motion. So yeah, it's like he's threating to hit me. But it's so hilarious, and makes everyone laugh, because it's like I'm trained now. He'll joke that somebody has to do something or else..... and that's when I reply "la tarte!"
So it's a term used a lot these days. And sometimes I'll even threaten him with it!
There are always other funny comments, but "la tarte" is definitely the most important!
As you know, his family visited, and they were just like him.

So. That's it for now.
Miss you guys!

No comments: