So I have had lots of fun this past week, but I'm also really tired. Especially since it's almost 2 in the morning and I just won a contest against Noemie to see who could stay up the longest.
So last saturday all of Esther's family came over. We were about 30. They sang songs and made lots of noise. It was nice to see everyone gathered. Apparently the last guests to leave, left at 5 in the morning. Yikes.
Christmas eve and day we went to Esther's mom's house and there were about 12. We ate lots of food. There was a yummy shrimpy type of soup that I loved. Rice, chicken, and lots of appetizers. Including a weird balloon like, bean shaped food, with pig and blood inside. Apparently you just suck the insides right out of the rubbery casing. I'll be honest. I didn't try it.
They don't open presents the same way my family does. Everyone grabs their things form under the tree and opens it at the same time. I recieved very nice things from my host family. A necklace of France, a Mr bean DVD, Asterix and Obelix: Mission Cleopatre DVD, perfume, chocolates, and a Nintendo DS game.
Every year, a skating rink is built right next to the maison carre. We went on friday but it was completely filled up, so we will try again tomorrow. I am looking forward to it. I do not do much skating, and I think it will be neat to try it right next to an ancient roman building.
I am sorry that I don't have photos or videos right now, but I will be posting them soon. Especially since there was quite a bit of signing and dancing.
That's it for now. My brain is asleep, so now I am going to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment