So Noèmie's 15th birthday was last Wednesday, and last night (friday), we had a party. (for which I tried to make Mom's brownies and horribly failed).
Noèmie came home from school not feeling well and went to take a nap. Mrs. Lauretta's family started arriving at 9:00. She was feeling absolutley awful so Mrs. Lauretta took her to the hospital. She had to have tests taken and stayed the night for observation.
As you can see, it wasn't the best party, but fortunately Noèmie's feeling much better. Her blood pressure was low, causing her to be very zombie like as she walked out the door for the hospital.
But, as I said, she's fine now.
On a side note, remember that petition I mentioned? To change our wednesday French class from 1:00-2:00, to 12:00-1:00? Well yesterday during History/Geography, some important person in the school came in (we had to stand in respect... how strange is that?) and she was angry. Apparently she had said "no", and getting the petition was a slap in the face or something, because she already said it wasn't possible.
Anyway, after she left my teacher started telling the class that it wasn't a good idea. Some of my classmates were not happy, because the whole petition was so that they could catch a bus. With our french class the way it is now, they have to wait a long time for it to come.
But my teacher made some funny comments and then as he was going back to the chalkboard he joked that they needed to stop makig Katherine (that's me) sign things she doesn't understand. I thought it was funny.
Then he said something like "no. she knew what it is was" or something like that, but I didn't get it because it was in French. :D
I did know what the petition was about, I just didn't think someone could get so cranky over it. If anyone is wondering, I don't care that I signed it. I'm also not worried about being on a bad list or anything.
So yeah. Crazy day yesterday. Pretty tired after the party. I tihnk I'm going to work on fixing the internet connection on the laptop.
This weekend is the matador thing, I can't quite remember the name, but when I do I'll post it. I won't be going because I can't stand the sight of animals being teased, injured, and killed, but I probably will be going to the running of the bulls here in Nimes. Mr. Lauretta assures me that the bull is not harmed for that. So I am looking forward to it. It's definitley something new!
(And no I don't plan on being one of the people chased by a bull. Think I'll watch from a safe distance. :P)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So then the "failed brownies" and Noemie's illness are not related, right? Glad she is okay! Yes, please steer clear of the bulls as I don't think your extended health coverage extends THAT far.
Love you...
I want to know what a "safe" distance is. Above from a window or balcony would be good.
How could the brownies have gone horribly wrong!! Omg the running of the bulls! Please just tell me that you will be on a roof of a very tall building!
Maybe you could feed the bulls your brownies, and then EVERYONE would be safe (except the bull)!
Post a Comment