So I guess I shoudl have been updating sooner, and more frequently, but I have been pretty busy lately.
School was very tough the first day, but now the teachers know who I am and everything and they are sympathetic. For example, they don't ask me to answer a question in front of the class (which is very much appreciated).
Lunch is very gourmet, but if I want I can use the canteen where I can pick up a croissant or something in the morning, or a baguette with ham at lunch. Both the canteen and cafeteria use a card. I put money on the card and they just swipe it through. One of those nice lunches with fancy desserts at the cafeteria only costs about 3 something euros, and it feels like I'm in a restaurant.
The friend thing is weird. People don't want me to eat alone, so they invite me to join them, but we don't become "friends", and they don't expect me to sit with them during a break the next day. But they are nice. One thing I notice, the French don't introduce themselves very much, so I only know a few names.
For those of you who read Mom's email, the other funny thing that Mr.Lauretta said was that I have to do a demonstration after each dance lesson in gym class.... he also asked me if I wanted to go for a swim in the pool during the lightning storm. (Which was crazy loud and scary by the way!)
From the 24th to 26th of October, there is a film festival in Montpellier (not far from Nimes). My cinema class is going this year, and I've decided to join them. Usually they go to Cannes, which would be AMAZING, but this is still exciting too. I stay there for two nights, and get to go to conferences and meet professionals and help out and stuff. Very cool.
I'll try to update more.
So far so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like your having a pretty good time. I wish I had your school lunches, but sadly I don't. Well keep in touch :D
Love Emily
It's wonderful that you are settling in so nicely. If you get the chance, we'd love to see some photos! Love you.
Hi Katy,
This is my first time on a blog and I wouldn't go on for just anybody. I miss you a lot and look forward to hearing about the exciting things from the right side of the pond.
Post a Comment