Hi everybody.
So, I'm probably the worst blogger in the world, but I really have been busy.
Last weekend was the Faria (still not sure about spelling). With the bull fighting and everything.
Christine, a really nice woman who cleans the house on saturdays, took me to her house. I went with her 19 year old daughter, Marion and her friends to a small village to watch some sport for the Faria. They assured me there was no injuring or killing of the bull. The village had small arenas. Two stands. It wasn't the arena in Nimes.
Guys in white shirts have to try and get a thread hung from between the bull's horns. No weapons.
There were a lot of bulls so it was a good long afternoon. I had lots of fun and took lots of pictures and videos that I plan on putting up on Facebook.
After people lined the streets. Bulls are released with one horse and rider in front, and one on either side. That stops the bull from going towards the crowd. Bulls always escape thoug, and about 3 or 4 did this time. It can be dangerous when they escape and Marion and her friends had me stand on a littel fence thing... just in case.
After words, Christine picked us up and we went back to her house for a while and had some McDonald's.
This weekend there was a little get together with the EF program. Most of the students were Canadian, but there were others. None of them live in Nimes, but I got their names and Facebook and emails.
We had gone on a tour of Uzès, which is a lovely town, and then ate some snacks.
Unfortunatley, not many families and students are getting along with each other. I was listening to the students complain and Mrs. Lauretta was listening to the adults complain. Apparently there were problems at the EF Language Camp. That's something that happened this summer and that I did not go to.
But that's the way the cookie crumbles. I'm good where I am.
A person took a picture of all us exchange students for a small newspaper in Uzès, and we will each get a copy.
The Laurettas have a scanner so I plan to scan it for you guys.
Oh, and I also have to send my school and class photos, but I haven't gotten the prints yet. They were taken a while ago, so I expect to see them soon.
All is well
Katy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! You have been busy. Can't wait to see the pix.
Loved the account of the Montpellier sessions! What an exciting opportunity!
Looking forward to seeing the pix when you get them up. Enjoy "High Anxiety" tomorrow.
Post a Comment